BNS Wax Recommendation
North End Classic
Start Times: 10:00AM – Mass Start – 12.5K and 25K; 10:15AM – Cookie Classic
· Sunny, with a high near 12. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the morning.
· A 50 percent chance of snow after midnight. Increasing clouds, with a temperature rising to around 13 by 5am. South wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
· A slight chance of snow before 8am, then a slight chance of sleet between 8am and noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. South wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
· Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. West wind around 5 mph.
· Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.
· A chance of snow after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
· A chance of snow before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
Base Layer: SkiGo LF Graphite.
Race Paraffin: Ski*Go HF Blue, Holmenkol Racing Mix Mid, Holmenkol Speedbase Mid.
Fluoro Powder: Holmenkol Syntec Mid or SkiGo C105.
Topcoat: SkiGo C22 block, Holmenkol Speed Block Mid if no new snow Mid08 if new snow.
Kick: Vauhti Super Base binder. Waxes to try if there is new snow Saturday night and/or little melting the previous two days SkiGo HF blue (little melting no new snow) SkiGo HF violet (new snow), Guru Blue, Rode Super blue. IAnother option to try if there is some melting is Start Oslo blue.
Structure: S1.3 or S2.2 for skate, C2.2 for classic. For hand structure try either Finite Finish CP17R (one roller) or Holmenkol tool with one roller.
CONCLUSIONARY NOTES – Forecast based recommendation.
: BNS imports Holmenkol and SkiGo waxes, and also sells waxes from Swix, Toko, Rode, Solda, Rex, Guru, Innovax, Magnar and others. We search for the fastest waxes for our customers and our testing is professional, objective and transparent. We make our best effort to test what we think is the best from each brand. However, given that we are testing more options from Holmenkol and SkiGo, there is a bias toward those brands. With this full disclosure, you can assess the legitimacy of our testing yourself. Visit Swix
for their official recommendations. If you have any questions please contact us.