BNS Wax Recommendation
8:00 AM – Chalet Opens for Late Registration & Bib Pick-up
8:45 AM – Registration & Bib Pick-up Ends
9:00 AM – Wave Starts
9:00 am – 18K Classic
9:05 am – 18K Skate
9:10 am – 6K Mixed
11:00/11:30am – Awards for overall top three finishers (men & women)
11:00 AM – Registration & Bib pick-up for 2K Beat the Bunny (All Wolves & Pups participants are pre-registered).
11:45AM – Beat the Bunny Registration Ends
12:00 PM – Mass Start for 2K “Beat the Bunny” Kids Race
· A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Light northwest wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
· A 20 percent chance of snow showers before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
· Mostly sunny, with a high near 23. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming south southwest in the afternoon.
· Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. South wind 3 to 6 mph.
· Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
Base Layer: SkiGo LF Graphite.
Race Paraffin: Holmenkol Racing Mix Mid or SkiGo HF Violet.
Fluoro Powder: SkiGo C105 or Holmenkol Racing Powder Mid or Syntec Race Mid.
Topcoat: SkiGo C22, or Holmenkol Mid08 block
Kick: Vauhti Super Base binder. Waxes to try SkiGo HF Violet, depending on how quickly it warms up Rode Multi-Blue or Super Blue, Guru Blue
Structure: Skate S1.3 or S2.2, Classic C1.2 or C2.2. For hand structure try the Holmenkol cross structure tool with one roler or Finite Finish CP17
CONCLUSIONARY NOTES – Forecast based recommendation.
note: BNS imports Holmenkol and SkiGo waxes, and also sells waxes from Swix, Toko, Rode, Solda, Rex, Guru, Innovax, Magnar and others. We search for the fastest waxes for our customers and our testing is professional, objective and transparent. We make our best effort to test what we think is the best from each brand. However, given that we are testing more options from Holmenkol and SkiGo, there is a bias toward those brands. With this full disclosure, you can assess the legitimacy of our testing yourself. Visit Swix and Toko for their official recommendations. If you have any questions please contact us.