BNS Wax Recommendation
Book Across the Bay
Race start 6:00 pm
· Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
· Mostly sunny, with a high near 49. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the morning.
· Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 33. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
· Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 46. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
· Patchy fog after 9pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 31. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
Base Layer: SkiGo LF Graphite.
Race Paraffin: Holmenkol Racing Mix Wet or SkiGo HF Yellow.
Fluoro Powder: SkiGo C22, or Holmenkol Syntec Race Wet
Topcoat: SkiGo C22 liquid, or Holmenkol Speedblock Wet
Kick: Blue klister binder. Klisters to try Rode Multigrade Universal, SkiGo HF vellow/HF violet mix or HF universal.
Structure: S4.3 for skate, C4.2 for classic. Holmenkol cross structure with 2 rollers, or Finite Finish V05 or V05 and V10.
CONCLUSIONARY NOTES – Forecast based recommendation.
note: BNS imports Holmenkol and SkiGo waxes, and also sells waxes from Swix, Toko, Rode, Solda, Rex, Guru, Innovax, Magnar and others. We search for the fastest waxes for our customers and our testing is professional, objective and transparent. We make our best effort to test what we think is the best from each brand. However, given that we are testing more options from Holmenkol and SkiGo, there is a bias toward those brands. With this full disclosure, you can assess the legitimacy of our testing yourself. Visit Swix and Toko for their official recommendations. If you have any questions please contact us.